>

8 avr. 2017

My April TBR


Hey ! I know, I haven't posted in months and I'm sorry. It's just life you know ? One day you're motivated to post three times a week, to read and to do everything else on your to-do-list but then, stuff happens and you're more focused on other things. 
It's not a good excuse, I know but that's what happened. This post doesn't mean you're going to get a lot of posts like before but it's a start. I've been wanting to post something for a while but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Today though, I'm motivated enough to write a quick and easy post : My April TBR.

I've been in a fantasy mood for a while so obviously there's going to be fantasy in this TBR, starting with one of my anticipated releases : Hunted by Meagan Spooner. I can't help it, I'm a sucker for the Beauty and the Beast and when I heard this was a retelling I has to get my hands on this book. Also, the main character is named Yeva, how cool is that ?


Une Simple Lettre d'Amour (a Simple Love Letter) by Yann Moix - I'm sorry to tell you there isn't a translated version of this book. I don't know if I'm completely ignorant but there isn't a lot of french authors out there. And of course by that I meant there isn't a lot of french authors still alive. Or at least not that I'm know of. When you're in France and you go to a bookstore in the young adult section there are 95% translated books and  5% written by youtubers. I don't know if it's just in France but that's definitely sad and since I haven't read anything in french for years, I picked up this book. 


As I said earlier, I craved for fantasy since the beginning of the year but I'm starting to miss contemporaries.

Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland  - A high school guy has to work with a girl on the school paper, I think. She wears oversized clothes, she has a cane, she's basically not the typical high school girl. There's something off about her and he's going to help her. I know, that's not the most original plot ever but from what I heard this book is pretty good. Also, let's take a minute to admire this beautiful cover. When I first saw it, I thought the fishes were feathers (don't judge me, it would've been great too).


Just Listen by Sarah Dessen - I'm going to tell you a secret : I've never read a Sarah Dessen book. I've tried (not really hard) to read Saint Anything but it wasn't for me I think, or maybe I wasn't in the mood for it. But this month I really want to read Just Listen. If I understood correctly (which means you'll probably have to check out this book to be sure) it's about a girl who used to have everything. But one year later, she finds herself all alone. Her sister became anorexic and her best friend left her after a mysterious night.
She's going to meet Owen, a guy passionate about music who has a tendancy of always being honest. It's refreshing to read about a character who doesn't play games so I'm excited about this book.

That's it for my TBR. I know it's not very long but I'm going to be very busy with college.

Don't forget to tell me what's on your TBR this month (or just leave the link to your post).

1 commentaire: