>

8 août 2016

REVIEW Unravel by Calia Read

16466436
Unravel - Calia Read
Publisher : CreateSpace
Release Date : February 15th 2014
Genres : YA, Psychological Thriller
Pages : 324
Rating :

Six months ago, I was happy. I was simply Naomi Carradine.

One month ago, I was admitted into a psych ward.

Yesterday, Lachlan visited me. Kissed me. And told me that I’m starting to lose my mind.

Hours later, Max haunted my thoughts, reminding me I’m not crazy and that he needs my help.

A few minutes ago, I drifted further from reality, trying to unravel the past.

And now...everyone thinks I’m insane. But, I know he's real, and I know he needs me.

Do you believe me?



Warning : This book deals with very heavy topics.

Unravel is the kind of book that stays with you. I'm sure I'm going to think about it for a long time because oh my god, the feelings ! Whoa, I'm still not over it.

Naomi has been admitted to a psych ward. We don't know why. We just know that nobody believes her and what she saw. She keeps saying she needs to help them, who are they ? And why ?

The author kept me guessing until the end. When I found out the truth, my first instinct was to try to recall every passages that I've read and I have to say, I'm impressed and I don't say that often. Calia Reads transported me into Naomi's mind. I didn't just read. I felt and lived the story.

"I think we’re all trying to be a winner in a losing game."

Calia Read's writing is hypnotizing. I couldn't let go, I had to keep reading and when I couldn't I kept thinking about it.

This book is deep. I'm writing this and I still can't believe what I just read. I just want to read it all over again and I'm not a rereader. That's how marked I am.

The line between reality and illusion is blurry. Naomi is a complex character who makes us wonder during the whole book if she can be trusted. I loved her from the first page. Her memories and secrets consumed me made me very emotionally invested. I read often about heavy topics and Calia Read somehow depicted them perfectly. Her descriptions are graphic and are meant to shock. She doesn't try to soften what can't be softened and I liked that about her writing. It is raw and heartbreaking.

I can't even put into words how amazing this book is. Even if you don't like psychological thrillers, I'm sure you'd like it. Go read it.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire